Western Sydney is one of the most diverse and exciting regions in Australia. Yet too often it’s treated as a monolithic, single place. The truth is, it is comprised of many different centres, each with their own opportunities and ambitions.
The Future Cities series is a platform for people in the city, to dive deep into their hopes, aspirations and opportunities for their city.
STC General Manager Robert Parsonson will be on a panel to discuss Workforces of the future: What are the pathways for employment, education and future industries in the region? 62% of employed residents travel outside the Campbelltown area for work, yet the younger generations, digital natives, are increasingly looking for opportunities closer to home. What are the pathways for employment, education and future industries in the region?
Trades training is an overlooked pathway to future jobs that will not have the same negative impacts from AI as some other industries. The ‘electrify everything’ movement is based on our trades being able to rapidly assist with the energy transition to net-zero carbon by 2030 and beyond.
- Campbelltown now: insights from a new Committee report
- Workforces of the future: What are the pathways for employment, education and future industries in the region?
- Community resilience: What makes a good city great?
- Connecting Campbelltown: Does the 30-minute city translate in a peri-urban context?
- Future in focus: Campbelltown’s creative community and its role incubating Sydney’s next generation of creative talent
- Bright ideas for a bright future: bold ideas from emerging leaders
- and more.
Key event details
- Date: Friday 19 May
- Time: 9.00 am – 1.30 pm
- Venue: The Cube, Campbelltown Catholic Club, 20-22 Camden Road, Campbelltown
- Single tickets are $270 plus GST.
Tickets for the event can be purchased through Eventbrite at