As we are all aware there has been a recent shakeup in the industry in relation to the refrigerants commonly being used.
With the expense of R22 and the increasing expense of R410a. There is a change on the way. Many manufacturers are currently changing over their system designs to incorporate Hydrocarbon refrigerants in lue of hydro-fluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerants Ie; R22
So why use Hydrocarbon refrigerants ?
1. Manufacturers are starting to bring their products into the market place with this type of refrigerant.
2. There is a significant cost reduction in purchasing Hydrocarbon refrigerants as compared to (HFC) refrigerants.
So what are Hydrocarbons ?
Hydrocarbons are organic compounds that are made of only hydrogen and carbon atoms. They are found in many places, including crude oil and natural gas. Learn the different forms of these simple, yet varied, organic compounds.
UEENEEJ174A – Apply safety awareness and legal requirements for hydrocarbon refrigerants
This unit covers the safety and legal requirements to handle, use and store hydrocarbon refrigerants. All safety aspects are covered to Australian and International standards. Legal requirements are covered at local, State & National level.
UEENEEJ178A – Apply safety awareness and legal requirements for ammonia refrigerant
This unit covers the safety and legal requirements to handle, use and store Ammonia refrigerant. All safety aspects are covered to Australian and International standards. Legal requirements are covered at local, State & National level.
1. Prepare to work with hydrocarbon refrigerants
2. Apply safe working practices to hydrocarbon refrigerants
3. Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control of hydrocarbon refrigerants
UEENEEJ175A – Service and repair self-contained hydrocarbon air conditioning and refrigeration systems
This unit covers specialised procedures for servicing and repairs to achieve the effective and efficient operation of primarily self-contained air conditioning and refrigeration equipment using Hydrocarbon as the refrigerant. It reinforces safe working practice and encompasses applying specialised knowledge of refrigeration principles that apply to Hydrocarbon, following service manuals, testing, locating and rectifying faults and defective components and completing the necessary service documentation.
1. Prepare to service and repair Hydrocarbon refrigeration and air conditioning systems
2. Service and repair Hydrocarbon refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
3. Complete work and report on servicing and repairing Hydrocarbon refrigeration and air conditioning systems.